MOMENTUM STAGE pt. I
People are feeling secure. They know the mission and vision, as well as their place and responsibilities in the organization. Better yet, they are energized by being a part something bigger than themselves. There is electricity and synergy in the air, with momentum building daily. You are personally experiencing a measure of success and are gaining a real sense of feeling secure. As in all the stages, you must continue to live the principles of the previous stages to keep the momentum going. In other words, just because you’ve reached this prominent delightful stage, doesn’t mean you can rest of your laurels!
Key Indicator: People are producing and reaching specific goals at this stage. New Leaders are emerging under your coaching/mentoring.
In This Stage:
- Results are the driving force in this stage.
- There is an excitement, as you not only inspire those around you, but the very reason you bring people together is around a shared purpose and common vision.
- The reason people come together at this stage therefore, is to accomplish a goal, or to meet a deadline. People are willingly giving themselves to a greater cause.
- You find it’s now much easier to lead people, since they are willing participants.
- Morale is high, turnover low. It feels like everything you touch turns to gold.
- You continue to establish purposeful relationships.
- You are meeting more with a select few potential leaders who you are mentoring in order to take specific responsibilities off your plate.
- To continue at this level you must finally delegate and release these leaders under you, ensuring they are trusted, valued members of the group that can carry your values and mission to those under them.
- Once you delegate you must stay in close contact with those who have taken over key responsibilities, continuing the relationship and mentoring process.
“Big people monopolize the listening,
small people monopolize the talking.”
David Schwarts in The Magic of Thinking Big.